Classic Tuna Melt
This open-faced tuna melt is our crunchy, cheesy, and comforting take on the classic American diner food.
- 2 (7oz) cans of albacore tuna in olive oil, drained or in water
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 1 tb relish
- 2 tb pickle juice or rice vinegar
- 3 tb fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tb fresh dill, chopped
- fresh ground pepper and salt to taste
- 1 ½ cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 - 6 slices of French or Italian bread
Preheat oven to 400 F. To make your tuna salad, mix together all of the ingredients except the bread and cheese.
Lightly toast your bread slices and place on a baking sheet. Dollop with tuna salad, spreading out evenly. Next, sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
Place in oven and bake until melted and toasted, about 10 - 15 minutes.
Calories: 385kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1gFat: 42gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 25gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 577mgPotassium: 11mgSugar: 0.3gVitamin A: 36IUCalcium: 4mgIron: 0.1mg
Share on Facebook
Share by Email
Mention @thembitesrecipes or tag #thembites