Hi! We’re Maddy and JD – the team behind Them Bites.
Together, we have more than 30 years experience working professionally with food, as well as digital marketing and photojournalism.
Our love of food and our passion for creating content drove us to start a food blog. That, and our desire to have no more bosses and create something of our own.
We both strive to inspire others to enjoy cooking through thoughtful, engaging recipes, videos, and blog posts.
More About Maddy
- Maddy has been a video and photojournalist for nearly 10 years primarily covering the Carolinas and the Southeast.
- She shoots for a variety of regional, national, and international clients including The Washington Post, The New York Times, USA Today, The Associated Press, and more.
- Maddy also enjoys hiking, reading, gardening, watching baseball and basketball, and spending time with friends and family.
More About JD
- JD is an Artist living in Asheville, NC. JD’s work has been shown at art festivals and galleries in North and South Carolina.
- For nearly 15 years he worked in the food/bev industry with positions ranging from BOH Manager of a Gourmet Hot Dog Restaurant to Sushi Chef.
- He then spent six years working as an SEO Specialist and an E-Commerce Manager for a Canvas Printing Company.