The viral TikTok Mac and Cheese recipe is creamy, comforting, and baked in the oven without even boiling the pasta.
Table of Contents
- How to Make the TikTok Mac and Cheese
- How To Make Mac and Cheese Without Milk?
- How Long Can Mac and Cheese Sit Out?
- What Can You Substitute For Milk In Mac and Cheese?
- What Goes With Mac and Cheese?
- How Long Is Mac and Cheese Good For?
If you’re a fan of mac and cheese, then you’ve certainly heard about the viral TikTok mac and cheese recipe that has taken the internet by storm. The recipe has gone viral on the social media site, with millions tuning in to learn how to cook this tasty and simple dinner.
This mac and cheese recipe uses cheddar cheese and Velveeta. Velveeta can be controversial in the mac and cheese world- some folks love it and some hate it.
Whichever team you are on, Velveeta makes this mac very gooey and creamy. The other great thing about this recipe too is that it’s a one pot meal, making it very weeknight-friendly.
How to Make the TikTok Mac and Cheese
The dish is quite simple and involves only a few ingredients:
- Macaroni noodles
- Milk or heavy cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
To make the mac and cheese:
- Place all the ingredients (except the shredded cheddar) in a 13×9 casserole dish. Mix in the seasonings.
- Cover and bake.
- Remove from the oven and and stir in your cheddar cheese.
That’s all! You now have a tasty and creamy mac & cheese that everyone will enjoy. The best aspect about this recipe is how adaptable it is.
You can experiment with different varieties of cheese to produce varied flavors, or you can add your favorite seasonings to give the dish a kick.
One of the reasons this recipe has grown so popular is because it is so simple to prepare. There is no need for any specialized equipment or difficult processes.
All you need is a saucepan, a few ingredients, and a few minutes. This makes it ideal for hectic weeknights or when you need a quick and satisfying meal.
Another reason this recipe has become so popular is that it is really inexpensive.
You don’t have to spend a lot of money to cook a wonderful supper because the components are cheap and easy to get.
This makes it an excellent choice for college students, low-income families, or anyone looking to save money on their food bill.
Finally, the viral TikTok mac and cheese recipe has gone viral for a reason. It’s simple, delicious, and affordable, making it a great option for anyone who loves mac and cheese.
So, why not give it a shot and see what the fuss is all about?
How To Make Mac and Cheese Without Milk?
To make mac and cheese without milk, cook elbow macaroni, and make a roux with butter and all-purpose flour.
Gradually add water to the roux and simmer until it thickens. Add shredded cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper to the mixture and stir until melted.
Add the cooked macaroni to the pot and stir until it’s coated with the cheese sauce. Optional seasonings like garlic powder or onion powder can be added for extra flavor.
How Long Can Mac and Cheese Sit Out?
Mac and cheese can be left out at room temperature for up to two hours.
To avoid the risk of foodborne illness, it should then be refrigerated or discarded. To be safe, if the mac and cheese has been sitting out for more than two hours, it is best to throw it away.
Make sure to reheat mac and cheese to an internal temperature of 165°F to kill any bacteria that may have grown.
What Can You Substitute For Milk In Mac and Cheese?
Dairy-free milk, such as almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk, can be used in place of milk in mac and cheese. Instead of milk, you can make a roux with chicken or vegetable broth, water, or a combination of butter and flour.
The key is to find a liquid that can provide the dish with the creamy texture and moisture that milk does. Experiment with various substitutes until you find one that suits your taste and dietary requirements.
What Goes With Mac and Cheese?
- Crispy bacon
- Roasted vegetables such as broccoli or Brussels sprouts
- Grilled chicken or shrimp
- Side salad with a tangy dressing
- Crusty bread or garlic bread for dipping
- Hot dog or a slice of ham
- Baked beans
- Collard greens
- Fried chicken
- Steamed or roasted corn
- Mashed potatoes
- Tomato soup or other soups
- Sautéed mushrooms
How Long Is Mac and Cheese Good For?
Mac and cheese can be kept in the fridge for up to four days. To extend its shelf life, transfer it to an airtight container and place it in the fridge as soon as possible after cooking.
You can freeze it for up to three months if you need to keep it for a longer period of time.
To ensure that any harmful bacteria are removed, reheat mac and cheese to an internal temperature of 165°F. Use your best judgment and toss the mac and cheese if it shows signs of spoilage, such as an off smell or an unusual color.
TikTok Mac and Cheese
- 1 13 x 9 casserole dish
- 16 oz Velveeta
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 3 cups heavy cream or milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Place the block of cheese in a 9×13 glass baking dish. Pour the dried elbow pasta around the cheese.
- Cover the pasta with the heavy cream and water. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder on top. Mix in. Put 1 tablespoon of butter in each corner of the pan. Do not add the sharp cheddar.
- Cover the baking dish with tin foil. Bake for 45-60 minutes (times may vary based on the brand of pasta). If you find that your pasta isn't soft enough after 45 minutes, first check if you need more liquid. You can add ½ or 1 cup of heavy cream or milk and then cover and return it to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from oven and remove the tin foil. Stir the pasta and add the shredded sharp cheddar cheese 1 cup at a time and stir until it is melted.