These candy grapes (also known as crack grapes) are easy to make and a fun snack to make with your kids.
Table of Contents
If you’re looking for a sweet and simple snack to satisfy your sweet tooth, candy grapes may be just the thing you need. This recipe takes juicy grapes and transforms them into a fun and colorful treat that both kids and adults will love.
Their crisp sugar shell is coated in crushed Jolly Ranchers. The inside stays nice and juicy, making a nice contrast.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links, at no extra cost to you.
- 1 pound of seedless grapes (green or red)
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup corn syrup or gelatin
- Crushed up jolly ranchers
- Rinse and dry the grapes thoroughly. You can leave them on the stem or remove them if you prefer.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, add the corn syrup. Boil until the temperature reaches 300 F.
- Dip each grape into the mixture, using a spoon to coat it evenly.Then dip it into the crushed up jolly ranchers. Place the coated grape onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat until all of the grapes are coated. If you have any leftover gelatin mixture, you can spoon it over the grapes on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator and chill for at least 30 minutes or until the coating has set.
- Once the coating is set, remove the baking sheet from the refrigerator and serve immediately. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- You can experiment with different flavors of gelatin to create a variety of candy grapes. For example, try using lemon or lime gelatin for a tart twist, or strawberry or raspberry gelatin for a sweeter flavor.
- If you want to add a little extra sparkle to your candy grapes, you can roll them in sugar or edible glitter after dipping them in the gelatin mixture.
- For an even more indulgent treat, you can dip the coated grapes in melted chocolate and let them cool before serving.
- Candy grapes are a fun and easy snack that’s perfect for parties, potlucks, or just a sweet treat on a hot day. With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of patience, you can transform plain grapes into a colorful and tasty treat that’s sure to be a hit with everyone.
How To Make Candy Grapes Recipe?
Coat grapes in simple syrup and crushed up jolly ranchers, and let rest for a sweet treat!
- 2 lbs grapes
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup water
- ⅓ cup corn syrup
- toothpicks or skewers
- finely crushed Jolly Ranchers
- Rinse grapes and then insert toothpicks or skewers into the stem end of the grape. Set on a paper towel and set aside.
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, combine the sugar, water, and corn syrup and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Keep a rolling boil, stirring frequently. Boil for about 5 minutes to reach the right temperature. Use a thermometer and get the syrup to 300 F.
- Carefully dip each grape into the syrup, moving it quickly to cover all the sides of the grape. Next, roll the grape in the crushed Jolly Ranchers.
- Set aside on parchment paper and let rest for 30 minutes. Carefully remove the toothpicks and enjoy.