These sausage and cream cheese balls, with the funny name Donkey Balls, are wrapped in pastry making them a perfect snack for a party.
Sausage Cream Cheese Bites, also known as Donkey Balls, are a delicious appetizer that’s perfect for any party or gathering.
These bite-sized treats are easy to make, and they’re sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
To make these Sausage Cream Cheese Bites, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients.
You’ll need breakfast sausage, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bisquick, and some seasonings like garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper.
Once you have all your ingredients, you’re ready to start making the Donkey Balls.
Start by browning the sausage in a skillet over medium heat until it’s fully cooked.
Drain any excess grease, and then add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bisquick, and seasonings to the skillet. Mix all the ingredients together until they’re well combined, and then remove the skillet from the heat.
Once the mixture has cooled enough to handle, use your hands to roll the mixture into small balls.
Place the balls on a baking sheet, and then bake them in the oven at 375°F for about 20 minutes or until they’re golden brown and fully cooked.
When the Sausage Cream Cheese Bites are done, let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
You can serve them on their own or with your favorite dipping sauce. These Donkey Balls are sure to be a hit at any party or gathering, and they’re so easy to make that you’ll want to whip up a batch for every occasion.
Donkey Balls are a delicious appetizer that’s perfect for any occasion.
They’re easy to make, and they’re sure to be a crowd-pleaser. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make a batch of these bite-sized treats that will have everyone coming back for more.
So, the next time you’re looking for a tasty appetizer to serve at your next party or gathering, give these Sausage Cream Cheese Bites a try.
- 2 packages of crescent rolls
- 1 16oz cream cheese
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 small onion, minced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook sausage, garlic powder and onion until brown and lightly crispy. Drain sausage.
- Allow sausage to cool to room temperature. Then combine room temperature cream cheese and sausage mixture.
- Unroll crescent rolls and cut crescent in half to make a triangle. Take a spoonful of the mixture and spoon into each crescent roll. Wrap mixture up into a little ball, making sure the mixture is sealed inside.
- Place balls on a cookie sheet and bake for 11 – 14 minutes, depending on the size of the balls. Flip halfway through. When finished, allow to cool for 10 minutes.
These are so good! So easy and we gobbled them all up!
Thank you so much!