Made with hot sauce, watermelon pucker, and tequila, this Mexican candy shot is a flavorful fun shot great for your next party.
What is a Mexican candy shot
Other names for this Mexican candy shot recipe with tequila include paleta shot or a Mexican lollipop shot. Loaded with flavor, this shooter is perfect for the summer but you can enjoy it any time of year.
Part watermelon Schnapps and part tequila with a drop of hot sauce, this shot is sweet, spicy and delicious. Line the rim of the glass with lime juice then Tajin, and enjoy this delightful shot with friends and family.
This shot only takes a few minutes to make and is perfect for a barbecue, picnic, party, Friday night or any fun occasion.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links, at no extra cost to you.
All you need to make this Mexican candy shot recipe with Tajin is a few ingredients and a glass. What’s in a Mexican candy shot? Here is a list of what you will need:
- Watermelon Schnapps
- The watermelon pucker adds sweetness and a great fruity flavor. If you don’t have Schnapps you could use watermelon juice instead. Schnapps gives you the sweetness and fruitiness, but it will be slightly less alcoholic.
- Feel free to use your favorite tequila. Silver tequila, or white tequila, aged a few weeks is a good budget friendly choice. Good brands of tequila include Espolon, Tres Agaves, Don Julio, Patron, and Luna.
- Hot sauce
- Like the brand of tequila, feel free to use your favorite. We use Cholula hot sauce, but any kind will do.
- Tajin Clasico is a blend of chili peppers, lime, and sea salt for a mild heat, salty and delicious kick. Popular on fresh fruit, in drinks, or on vegetables, this seasoning mix takes this hot over the top.
- Lime juice is the necessary glue for the Tajin to stick to the rim of the shot. Since Tajin already contains lime flavor, fresh lime juice pairs perfectly.
How to make a Mexican candy shot
There are just a few quick steps to make this watermelon Mexican candy shot:
- Place a couple tablespoons of Tajin onto a small plate. Rub a juicy lime wedge around the rim of the shot glass and dip into the Tajin. Next, set aside while you prepare the shot.
- Fill your cocktail shaker with ice and add tequila, watermelon Schnapps, and hot sauce. Shake well, for about 10 seconds.
- Carefully pour into shot glasses and enjoy!
Want to try another shooter for your next party? Try this delicious White Tea shot– all your friends will love it!
Mexican Candy Shot
- 2 lime wedges
- 1 oz white tequila
- ½ oz watermelon Schnapps
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- Pour some Tajin seasoning into a small plate. Rub the rim of a shot glass with a lime wedge and dip into Tajin so it sticks. Set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add tequila, watermelon Schnapps, and hot sauce. Cover and shake for at least 10 seconds until mixed and cold.
- Carefully pour into shot glasses and enjoy.