This Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is just like you remember- classic, easy to make, and delicious.
Table of Contents
- How to make the Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie
- Chocolate chip cookie tips
- How many cc in a teaspoon
- How many calories in a chocolate chip cookie
Everyone needs a good cookie recipe in their back pocket and what better than straight out of the OG Betty Crocker cookbook?
In fact, the Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe 1971 from their card file system was classified as a Men’s Favorite #22 for the time. Men and all people in fact still do love and will love cookies.
These cookies are straightforward and if you follow this recipe, they turn out amazing every single time. No funny ingredients, no chilling- just buttery, sweet cookies every time.
Instead of a crunchy chip cookie, these are baked through, but not hard. Slightly soft, slightly crunchy, slightly doughy, and 100% perfect.
How to make the Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie
Let’s get into how to make cookies. First step, preheat your oven to 375 F and then get started on your cookie dough.
Prep your dry ingredients by mixing together flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside while you mix your wet ingredients.
Gently mix together the butter and both brown and white sugar. If you have a mixer, mix on medium for about a minute. If you don’t have one, mix with a rubber spatula until fluffy.
Next, stir in your egg and vanilla extract until everything is incorporated. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and gently mix until a dough forms.
Now the fun part, dump your chocolate chips into your cookie mix and stir. Use an ice cream scooper to create same sized dough balls and place on a baking sheet.
Place in your oven and bake for 8 – 12 minutes, keeping an eye on them until they are lightly brown but still soft in the middle. Exact bake time depends on your oven, so be sure to check it.
Allow to cool for a couple of minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack.
Chocolate chip cookie tips
- Bake cookies one sheet at a time in the middle of the oven to ensure even doneness.
- The best way to measure flour is to first stir the flour a bit before spooning into the measuring cup. Fill it up and then sweep the excess off the top with the flat edge of a butter knife.
- To ensure your cookies don’t get too hard while stored, place a piece of bread in your airtight container with your cookies. I don’t know the science, but it really does work.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- If you would like to freeze some, simply scoop out dough into balls and place in a freezer bag.
Looking for a sweet drink to go with your cookie? Try this Taro Milk Tea Recipe or this Peach Ice Cream recipe.
How many cc in a teaspoon
There are 4.929 cubic centimeters in a teaspoon.
How many calories in a chocolate chip cookie
There are roughly 72 calories in a chocolate chip cookie.
Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, gently mix together the softened butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy. Then mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir to combine. Add the chocolate chips and mix.
- Use an ice cream scoop to drop rounded dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Leave dough balls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 – 12 minutes or until they are light brown (the centers will be soft).
- Cool for 2 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely, about 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container.