Tender sheets of pasta topped with a hearty meat sauce layered with cheese, this San Giorgio lasagna recipe is a delicious budget friendly meal to feed a crowd.
Table of Contents
- How to make San Giorgio Lasagna
- What temp to cook lasagna
- Baked lasagna temperature
- Lasagna cook time at 350
This delicious San Giorgio Lasagna Recipe is one that you can get on the back of the box of their dried pasta.
If you’re into this, then let’s get to cooking. Once it’s out of the oven you can snag some gorgeous lasagna pictures, and begin eating!
How to make San Giorgio Lasagna
The first step to this San Giorgio lasagna recipe is to cook the noodles. Prepare a large pot of heavily salted water and bring to a boil.
Add the noodles and cook to al dente. Drain and set aside. Now prepare the sauce.
Add the lean ground beef to a large pot and cook until done. Drain and set meat aside.
Add some oil to a large pot over medium high heat. Add the chopped onions and cook for about 5 minutes. Next, add the minced garlic (or garlic powder) and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Season with dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Add tomato paste, cook for about a minute, and add crushed tomatoes. Stir and bring to a simmer.
While the sauce is simmering, mix together the ricotta, half of the shredded mozzarella, grated parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, egg, salt and pepper.
Now it’s time to assemble the San Giorgio lasagna. Pour about 1 cup of the meat cup into the bottom of the 11×17 inch baking dish.
Place three noodles over the sauce and spoon over with more meat sauce. Dollop the cheese mixture over the meat sauce. Repeat layers, ending with meat sauce and then remaining mozzarella cheese.
Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Remove foil, bump the oven up to broil, and bake until cheese is bubbly and brown, about 5 minutes.
What temp to cook lasagna
Bake at 375 for 40 minutes covered and 10 minutes uncovered.
Baked lasagna temperature
It is best to bake lasagna at 375.
Lasagna cook time at 350
Lasagna should bake at 350 for 45 – 60 minutes.
San Giorgio Lasagna Recipe
- 1 11 x 17 casserole dish
- 9 – 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 24 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups cups ricotta
- 1 cup mozzarella
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt, plus more for the pasta water
- ½ tsp black pepper
For the top
- 1 cup mozzarella
- chopped parsley
- Prepare lasagna noodles according to package directions. Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook ground beef. Once cooked, drain grease and remove beef from pot.
- Place the pot back on medium high heat and add oil. Add onion and saute until cooked, about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Season with dried basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Add tomato paste and cook for a minute. Add the ground beef back in. Add crushed tomatoes, mix, and bring to a simmer.
- While the sauce is simmering, mix half of the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, ricotta, egg, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pour roughly 1 cup of the sauce in the bottom of an 11×17 inch casserole dish. Arrange 3 cooked pasta pieces lengthwise over sauce; cover with 1 cup meat sauce. Spread one half of the cheese mixture over the meat sauce.
- Repeat layers of pasta, sauce, and cheese filling. Top with layers of pasta and meat sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese and parsley. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil, set your oven to broil, and bake until cheese is bubbly and brown, about 10 minutes.